|Individual Placement Description|
|Placement||General Adult Psychiatry|
|Hospital(s)||Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary|
|Main Duties of Placement||
· Looking after inpatients and participation in ward rounds (2 per week).
· Participation in clinics (about 1 clinic weekly).
· Participation in Community Mental Health Team meetings (1 per week).
· On-call for assessments for out of hour referrals, admissions and in-patient referrals, ECT cover and ward cover.
|Typical Work Pattern||
9am-5pm Monday-Friday, or 9am-9am if on-call.
Informal Teaching at review clinics, ward rounds and in ECT.
Weekly case presentation and journal club.
Excellent computer access for e-learning and online modules.
Weekly internal psychiatry academic programme 1½ hrs including case presentation and journal club.
Weekly 1 hr supervision with clinical supervisor (consultant).
Mandatory bleep free FY2 teaching; 1 hr per week on Thursday lunchtime.
Thursday afternoon teaching for FY2s.
|Unique Selling Points||
· Direct supervision with Consultant.
· Good balance of direct clinical care and educational opportunities.
· Good receiving rota.
· Good support from all levels.
· Good experience.
|It is important to note that this description is a typical example of your placement and may be subject to change.|