|Individual Placement Description|
|Hospital(s)||Beatson (the) West of Scotland Cancer Centre, Glasgow|
|Main Duties of Placement||
· Responsible for the day-to-day care of patients in your ward.
· Undertake ward rounds with consultants and registrars.
· Involved in clerking in, assessing and instituting initial management of both elective and emergency admissions.
· Involved in symptom control and are part of a team including clinicians, nurses and AHPs.
|Typical Work Pattern||
· Ward-based teaching through consultants and registrars.
· Mentorship programme to facilitate educational issues such as audit and to provide general support.
· Excellent induction programme.
· Actively encouraged to attend outpatient clinics.
· Informal journal club.
· Formal teaching programme of 1 hour per week.
· Weekly BOC teaching programme.
· FY2 teaching one day per block.
· Grand rounds.
|Unique Selling Points||
· Supportive consultants, palliative care team and experienced nurses.
· Independent daily ward round.
· FY2 teaching.
· The ability to gain experience of cancer care in a major tertiary referral centre.
|It is important to note that this description is a typical example of your placement and may be subject to change.|