Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
Perth Royal Infirmary
|Main Duties of Placement
- Attend morning trauma meeting.
- Clerk elective cases.
- Carry out ward duties and write discharge scripts.
- Attend pre-assessment/pre-admission clinics.
|Typical Work Pattern
In every three weeks:
- Two weeks of 08.30-16.30 and
- One week of oncall 12.00-21.00
- No weekends
- No night shifts
- Audit presentations plus prize.
- Trauma meetings.
- Registrar teaching weekly.
- Mandatory FY1 teaching.
- Registrar teaching on Friday mornings.
- Morning trauma meetings.
|Unique Selling Points
- Good experience with reasonable working hours and friendly staff.
- Plenty of teaching at trauma meetings and some theatre time.
It is important to note that this description is a typical example of your placement and may be subject to change.