|Individual Placement Description|
|Placement||General (Internal) Medicine|
|Hospital(s)||Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary|
|Main Duties of Placement||
Looking after inpatients in medical admissions unit, general medical and specialist (Cardiology, Renal, Endocrine, ID, Resp, Stroke, COTE, Gastro) wards.
Participation in clinics (variable depending upon specialist block).
Cover Medical High Dependency Unit.
On-call for unselected medical admissions and in-patient referrals and ward cover.
|Typical Work Pattern||
Full and partial shift.
9-5pm on general ward cover.
Informal teaching at clinics, on ward rounds and on receiving.
On-site library facilities available 24/7.
· Weekly Medical Grand Round meeting on Wednesdays.
· Weekly Journal Club on Fridays.
· Mortality & Morbidity and Patient Safety meetings.
· Mandatory bleep free FY2 teaching; 1 hr per week on Thursday lunchtime.
|Unique Selling Points||
· Excellent general medical experience
· Supportive senior staff
· Excellent teaching
· Opportunities for practical procedures
|It is important to note that this description is a typical example of your placement and may be subject to change.|