|Individual Placement Description|
|Placement||Hospital at Home|
|Hospital(s)||Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh|
|Main Duties of Placement||
- Review of patients in day hospital.
- Home visits with Hospital at Home.
- Weekend/lates cover on MOE wards at RIE.
|Typical Work Pattern||
Typically 9-5 shifts based at Liberton Day Hospital which comprises the largest allocation of shifts, with a period allocated to the Hospital at Home team also based out of Liberton. On late shifts, this involves cover of the MoE wards at RIE between 1645-9, as do weekends. There are also shifts based in AMU as part of the frailty team and night shifts are covered at the RIE.
- Day hospital clinics/MDTs.
- Old age psychiatry MDT.
- H@H home visits.
- 1 hour of mandatory teaching via voice conference.
- Wednesday departmental teaching.
- Monday QI meetings.
|Unique Selling Points||
- Opportunity to develop skills in working in an outpatient clinic with good consultant supervision.
- Ability to take some ownership over management plans for patients you see in day hospital/at home with the support of the consultants.
- Being able to do home visits and experience the amount of medical input we can provide to prevent patients being admitted to hospital in acute/chronic illnesses.
|It is important to note that this description is a typical example of your placement and may be subject to change.|